The Beyer Watch

The design of this watch emulates the giant timepiece that hangs outside the Beyer shop. It has served as a trademark for decades, and can be seen from a long way off on the Bahnhofstrasse.


Changes at Breitling


The British financial investor, CVC Partners, has acquired an 80% stake in Breitling. Théodore Schneider, who has headed the Grenchen-based firm for 28 years, retains the remaining 20% shareholding. He has been appointed Chairman of the Board of Directors at Breitling, while the long-standing Vice President, Jean-Paul Girardin, takes over as CEO. Ernest Schneider, an avid pilot and father of Théodore Schneider, purchased Breitling from the founder family in 1979. Until now, the capital has been owned by the three Schneider siblings; the two sisters now intend to sell their shareholding.

After an extensive search and thorough analysis, Breitling has found a partner who can best guarantee Breitling’s future. CVC Capital Partners is one of the world’s top private equity and investment advisory firms. It pursues the same goal as Breitling: to further develop the brand with the aim of making the company one of the leading players in the watch industry.

Breitling News

Breitling has redesigned its Superocean Héritage line to celebrate the collection’s 60th anniversary. The latest innovations presented at Baselworld can be viewed online.


Beyer Chronometrie AG
Bahnhofstrasse 31
8001 Zurich - Schweiz
Phone: +41 43 344 63 63
Fax: +41 43 344 63 64

Opening hours

Monday to Friday, 9.30am – 6.30pm
Saturday, 9.30am – 4.00pm



Monday to Friday, 2.00pm – 6.00pm


Subscribe to our Newsletter

Design & CMS by INM

Contact & Infos