Antique and vintage watches
Beyer Chronometrie has specialised in the sale of antique and vintage watches since 1965. Many of these rare items come with an extract from the archives of the manufacturer. Our watchmakers give each timepiece a thorough overhaul before it is handed over to its new owner. At Beyer you will also ﬁnd magniﬁcent antique watches that have been keeping time reliably for years and vintage models that are no longer produced. Each of them has a history and a soul.
We are happy to show you our trove of vintage and antique ﬁnds or, if your heart is set on a particular reference number, to embark on a treasure hunt on your behalf.
Visit our Beyer Vintage Instagram page for more details.
We offer the following additional services
- Repair / restoration: All watches are completely overhauled by our specially trained watchmakers or by the relevant manufacturer.
- Extract from the archives: Watches by Patek Philippe, IWC, Jaeger-LeCoultre, Longines and Omega are provided with an extract from the manufacturer’s archives confirming their authenticity, based on the case and movement numbers.
- Certificate: All watches are accompanied by a certificate from Beyer Chronometrie, containing a detailed description of the case and the movement.
- Guarantee: We give a one-year technical guarantee on all antique and vintage watches (excluding water-resistance).
- Before buying, a vintage watch should be given a complete overhaul by a qualiﬁed watch-maker.
- A valuable antique watch is accompanied by an extract from the manufacturer’s archives, a certiﬁcate and a guarantee.
- 1a quality is the best (no scratches on the glass, no cracks in the dial).
- Go for exclusiveness. Original papers and original box add to the value.
Do you have an antique watch for sale? We would be pleased to buy it from you for a fair price. Pay us a visit at our shop on Bahnhofstrasse, or contact us by e-mail, post or telephone (+41 43 344 63 63). Mrs. Dörte Herold would be delighted to hear from you and provide you with initial information about purchasing your watch.
We buy several antique clocks and watches (wristwatches, pocket watches and table clocks).
For further information,
please contact Mrs. Herold by phone 0041 43 344 63 63, by e-mail or in person at our shop at Bahnhofstrasse 31 in Zurich.